Thank you to all the individuals and donors for making the Dignity Dinner at the shelter for homeless women possible!
Last Saturday, Serve the City Kraków volunteers loaded with the food items which they bought themselves or were donated by a number of individuals, and also Zupa na Plantach, showed up at the St. Albert’s Shelter for Homeless Women on Malborska 64 street in Kraków to cook and serve. Thanks to the amazingly practical recipe (thank you Eivind), fantastic culinary skills of the kitchen team led by Jens (the master chef), and great team spirit (kept constantly alive by Trevor’s laughter), we were able to make spaghetti napolitana that was nothing short of the best Italian restaurant in Kraków quality. Later, we crowned it with cakes and cookies and incredible coffee.
We were able to begin to know the ladies who represent all walks of life and all ages by eating and talking together with them. No life circumstance has the power of stripping humanity from a person and should never steal their identity or value!
Also, a huge thank you to the mother superior and other nuns for opening the doors, so much optimism and encouragement, and very kind words.
- 12 volunteers (including three children) Agnieszka, Joanna, Trevor, Magda, Travis, Jens, Weronika, Tymoteusz, Tamara, Estera, Kasia, Krzysztof
- Special thank you to those who could not come but helped anyway: Irina, Joanna, Madinal and Zupa na Plantach
- Over 45 people served
- 4 hours of cooking, laughing, serving, eating, talking, cleaning
- 12 packs of pasta
- 25 canned diced tomatoes
- 1 kg of real parmesan
- Cakes and cookies for everyone
- Best ground coffee in town – brewed by an expert (thank you Kasia)
- Silicone bracelets with an uplifting message for everyone
- 1000 kg of love